UL AND CSA CORDSETS
UL Cordsets and CSA Cordsets from SHINE
SHINE supplies UL cordsets that meet requirements from Underwriters Laboratories (UL) and CSA cordsets that meet requirements from the Canadian Standards Association (CSA). Here at our manufacturing facility in Adams, Massachusetts, we employ a highly trained workforce, uses state-of-the-art equipment, and are committed to producing high-quality cordsets.
What are UL Cordsets?
SHINE offers UL cordsets that meet the requirements of the UL 817 standard. UL 817 cordsets comply with the National Electric Code (NEC), are designed for indoor use, and include hospital grade cordsets. For appliances, they can be used as supply connections or to extend the branch circuit supply to a power supply cord.
UL 817 Cordsets
UL 817 is a comprehensive standard for cordsets that references these other UL standards.
- UL 20 General-Use Snap Switches
- UL 62 Flexible Cords and Cables
- UL 94 Flammability of Plastic Materials
- UL 224 Extruded Insulating Tubing
- UL 244A Solid-State Controls for Appliances
- UL 248-1 Low-Voltage Fuses (Part 1)
- UL 248-14 Low-Voltage Fuses (Part 14)
- UL 310 Electrical Quick-Connect Terminals
- UL 486A-486B Wire Connectors
- UL 486E Equipment Wiring Terminals
- UL 498 Attachment Plugs and Receptacles
- UL 507 Electric Fans
- UL 588 Seasonal and Holiday Decorative Products
- UL 746A Short-Term Properties of Polymeric Materials
- UL 746B Long-Term Properties of Polymeric Materials
- UL 746C Electrical Equipment and Polymeric Materials
- UL 746D Fabricated Parts and Polymeric Materials
- UL 758 Appliance Wiring Material
- UL 796 Printed Wiring Boards
- UL 1054 Special-Use Switches
- UL 1077 Supplementary Protectors in Electrical Equipment
- UL 1283 EMI Filters
- UL 1310 Class 2 Power Units
- UL 1441 Coated Electrical Sleeving
- UL 1449 Surge Protective Devices
- UL 1659 Attachment Plug Blades for Cord Sets
- UL 1681 Wiring Device Configurations
- UL 1682 Pin and Sleeve Plugs, Receptacles, and Cable Connectors
- UL 2438 Outdoor Seasonal Use Cord-Connected Wiring Devices
- UL 4248-1 Fuseholders (Part 1)
- UL 60320-1 Appliance Couplers for General Purposes (Part 1)
- UL 60730-1 Automatic Electric Controls (Part 1)
- UL 60950-1 IT Equipment (Part 1)
- UL 61058-1 Appliance Switches (Part 1)
What are CSA Cordsets?
SHINE offers CSA cordsets that meet the requirements of specific CSA cordset standards.
- C22.2 No 21-14, which includes hospital grade cordsets (CSA 22.2 no 21).
- C22.2 No. 233-09 (R2014) for communications systems
- C22.2 No. 57-15 for appliance plugs for heater cord sets
Choose UL Cordsets and CSA Cordsets from SHINE
SHINE is an ISO 9001:2015-certified electronic contract manufacturer of custom cable assemblies, wire harnesses, and electro-mechanical assemblies. Since 1984, we’ve been providing wire and cable products that exceed expectations. How can we help you?
Contact us for more information about UL cordsets and CSA cordsets.
GET A QUOTEDo you need custom cable assembly, wire harnessing, or electro-mechanical assembly services? Are you looking for engineering support, too? SHINE is ready to help.
“During our recent spike in business the SHINE team really came through for us with in short notice. Pass along my gratitude to the entire staff.”
Jeff - Smith Medical