SHINE uses tooling and equipment from industry-leading suppliers such as Schleuniger, Panduit, Cirrus, and Alphatron.
Wire and Cable Processing Equipment
SHINE uses Schleuniger equipment for wire and cable processing tasks such as cutting and stripping.
- Schleuniger PS-9500 wire and cable cut-and-strip machine with interfaced pre-feed, wire straightener, coiler, and tying machine.
- Schleuniger PS-9400 wire and cable cut-and-strip machine with pre-feed and wire straightener.
- Schleuniger CS-9050 wire cut-and-strip machine.
- Schlueniger Uni-Strip 2100 and 2015 (multiple units) for semi-automatic cable conductor stripping during assembly. These units are micrometer adjustable for precise, repeatable stripping.
- Schlueniger Uni-Strip 2300 programmable, touch panel version of the above, but without mechanical controls. The Uni-Strip 2300 is ideal for precise, semi-automatic cable conductor stripping during assembly.
Tubing Processing Equipment
SHINE uses equipment from Schlueniger and Dunbar for tube cutting and tube marking. Ovens and heat guns from other vendors support operations such as tube shrinking.
- Schlueniger OC-3950 electro-pneumatic machine for cutting tubing and flat cable to length.
- Dunbar APS tubing printing system. Thermal transfer tubing printing on various colors and types of tubing.
- Strategic Products (SP) Accu-Heat Oven for automated shrinking of applied tubing.
- Multiple heat guns (both regular and high-temperature) for shrink tubing.
Flat Ribbon and Discrete Wire Insulation Displacement Tooling
SHINE uses tooling from Panduit, TE, Honda, Molex, 3M and other vendors for flat ribbon and discrete wire insulation displacement.
- Panduit MCP-5 Ribbon Connector Press (multiple) with various platens and locator plates.
- Panduit MCP-10 MTA Connector Press mass-terminates notched ribbon cable to MTA-type connectors.
- ODU/Carrot FLAKAFIX Ribbon Connector Press (multiple) with various platens and locator plates.
- Honda MFC-K1 Ribbon Connector Press with various platens and locator plates for multiple series of Honda connectors.
- TE 58338-1 Pneumatic Bench Tool (multiple) for displacement of MTA .100” and .156” center connectors.
- Panduit PCT Pneumatic Bench Tool for displacement of MTA .100” and .156” center Panduit connectors.
Crimp Termination Equipment
SHINE uses equipment from suppliers such as TE, Panduit, Molex, Connex, and Daniels for crimp termination.
- TE Model –G Presses (multiple) with 60+ common industry applicators from TE, Molex, Etco, Harwin, JST etc.
- Panduit CP-861 and CP-862 Electric Presses (multiple) with various die sets for fully and partially insulated terminals of many types.
- Molex ATP-301 Pneumatic Press (multiple) with 25+ die sets for insulated and un-insulated tape and reel rings, spades, splices, and quick disconnects.
- Connex Pneumatic Bench Press with various die sets for most RJ connectors such as RJ-45 and coaxial hex crimps of all sizes.
- Daniels WA27F Pneumatic Crimper for common military type 4 point barrel crimps.
- More than 100+ various typical hand tools from TE, Panduit, Berg, Harwin, Molex, JST, Hirose, etc.
Soldering and Tinning
SHINE uses this equipment for soldering and tinning.
- 25+ Oki / Metcal Soldering Stations with various sizes, shapes, and temperature tips for most any soldering requirement.
- American Beauty Solder Tinning Pot (multiple)
Electrical and Electronic Test and Measurement Equipment
Cirrus, HYPOT, and Fluke supply electrical and electronic test and measurement equipment that we know and trust.
- Cirrus 1000R+ Analyzer with Point Expansion Boxes (multiple) for verifying continuity, connection resistance, and insulation resistance. Analyzers are interfaced with PC’s and have hundreds of common and custom designed fixture interfaces for testing assemblies of all types.
- Cirrus 1100H+ Analyzer with Hipot For Hipot testing and verifying continuity, connection resistance, and insulation resistance for up to 128 points. Analyzer is interfaced with a PC and have hundreds of common and custom designed fixture interfaces for testing assemblies of all types.
- HYPOT PLUS II Model 5560DT Hi-pot Tester programmable AC/DC hi-pot tester.
- Fluke 37 Multi-meter digital multi-meter (various other models also)
Mechanical and Miscellaneous Test and Measurement Equipment
SHINE uses equipment from Alphatron and other vendors for mechanical and miscellaneous testing and measurement.
- Alphatron PT-100A Digital Pull Force Tester for verifying tensile strength of wire to terminal crimps or solders.
- Alphatron PT-150B Digital Pull Force Tester for verifying tensile strength of wire to terminal crimps or solders.
- Various typical measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, crimp height comparators, drill blanks, etc.
Automated Lead Making Equipment
SHINE uses a Schaefer Megomat UNO Lead Maker that’s capable of high-speed single-ended and double-ended cutting, stripping, and termination of leads on most any typical wire and wire AWGs.
Learn More About Tooling and Equipment
Do you have questions about tooling and equipment at SHINE?
Contact us at our manufacturing center in Adams, Massachusetts for more information.